Daniel Guerrero Thoughts

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

My Digital Images project it's going on, I was developing first at Java but was creepy slow, even to do a simple grayscale, or a bright enhance; but I think it looks very good =).

I tried to make with mono, but the Pixbuf.Pixels property generates an error; but I can't wait to a new version =S.

Next I tried to pygtk, but again, the pixel property is not writable... only in gtk 2.4, I tried to update my system; but it don't work.

Finally, I was working with C, but the development is really slow; but the program is really fast =).
Today I tried to make the progress work; but it was crashing very often, and then I read it was for the threads, latter I tried with the examples; but I get it was really slow updating the image; I noticed why... because I was trying to update everytime it updates an pixel!!!, in a desktop image of 1024x768, it was a really overwhelming; I reduced to only update for each row, which work really fast; now I have to work with the dialogs to make it easier, and develop the algorithms... I have about 3 weeks =S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home